''Winter'' by Prateek Deshpande

 It has been a while since I write anything nice! But this one is from my son.. inspired by Christina Rossetti's ''May'' Prateek created some beautiful lines befitting the season.


Winter  


I cannot tell you how it was,  
But this I know:it came to pass
Upon a golden, chilly morning
When the year was old; ah, such a brilliant year!
As yet the snow was not born
on the cars along the road;
The last leaf had not fallen as yet; 
Nor any bear hibernated on its bed.

I cannot tell you what it was, 
But this I know: it did but pass.
It passed away with a chilly Monday, 
Like all nice things it passed away, 
And left me younger, and warmer, and brighter.

By Prateek Deshpande
06/12/2023


ಕಾಮೆಂಟ್‌ಗಳು

ಈ ಬ್ಲಾಗ್‌ನ ಜನಪ್ರಿಯ ಪೋಸ್ಟ್‌ಗಳು

ಸನಾತನ ''ಸುಧರ್ಮ''

Quantitative Easing!!!

ಮಲ್ಲಿಗೆಯ ಜಿಜ್ಞಾಸೆ