Letter to my friend

Dear Radhika,

Hope this letter finds you in good health. It's been a long time since I spoke with you. In this day and age we have forgotten to write letters instead we just pick up our phone and send two lines message or sometimes call the person who we miss badly. 

As we all are trying to come to terms with the pandemic, which has taken the universe by storm but one thing which is still the same and has not affected one life is real human's nature (you would be thinking is it not human's real nature) or (some of you might be thinking what's the difference after all). I am saying this because who were real will still be compassionate to others' situation and try to lend a hand and few others still don't care and do what they want.

My letter to you comes with the deepest of my emotions which I do not express over my text chats or phone calls. I am aware of your situation and as you read my letter you will already be overwhelmed with household and children's work but still, with an intermittent break between stirring the curry or chopping vegetables and answering your boys question with his English spelling, I am sure you are reading every line maybe twice with a glee. 

Life is so strange... as you try hard and harder to stand straight, the burden of stress and emotions on your shoulders pull you down. Today is one of those days where I wake up early, witness the sunrise, get highly inspired and disciplined, and do my routine. How my life always remains the same!?

I was trying to find the answer to this and suddenly remembered you. You always tell me to stay positive no matter how rough things are. I wanted to ask you- what is that one thing that makes you look forward to tomorrow? Is it spending time with the family? which we all are already doing for the last 10 months! your work maybe? I think work has fallen into new normal and got its new routine so nothing much exciting I guess!? Is it your newfound hobbies like baking, painting, or crafting? People can't comment more on your hobby post other than saying wow, beautiful, how do you find time to do all these, etc,.? Going out for a walk or park? Well, the weather has been very unpleasant so! 

So what is that one thing which keeps you going? I have been trying and trying hard to find an answer to this. I remember just one thing you told me last time-" to grow you need to sustain!". To sustain you need to be calm and patient. Those who survive with time are the only ones who can sprout again.

Me being calm for so many months has made a deep void in my thoughts. Of Course, I Am very fortunate to have a great family who has stood by me even when I collapsed trying to pull me up and make me stand again. In this journey, I have kind of lost myself. The real Me, what I like to not something to post on my media handles. As we grow older or as they say wiser (in that sense I need to be wiser). Does it mean I need to make conscious decisions, be logical in all my thoughts, and act according to my age?

I don't really know what to do? The last time I spoke to you, your health wasn't doing great but you were still trying to put a smile on your face. You and I always talk about reliving our childhood and spoke long about how we were at school, our teachers, and we would come early to school just to play in the morning and again quickly finish our lunch to play. Our holidays were never a burden for our parents. I cannot remember even for once my parents complaining of being at home. We played all day and even ate at neighbors and my mom would not be bothered asking what did you eat and how much. 

There is something which I am missing. You tell me, 'you can always enjoy childhood with your children, playing the same games and talking things', which amused you then. But is it just my children or this generation they seem to be different. It is to an extent my fault too. When my children come to me asking to play with them I might be either busy or tired. But how long in this homebound state have a consistent state of mind.

I do not look forward to tomorrow. As there is nothing new going to happen. Like a programmed machine, I do the same things which I have been doing for a long. I know what you are thinking now. You will say this time shall pass. It can't remain the same and so you. Every day be it depressing or a cheering one it is still a different day. You always tell me to read a few lines every day, A good book which tells you a story, a positive quote, or about an inspiring person. I seem to have lost interest in everything. Once upon a time, as you know I used to enjoy cooking and would be the first to try anything new. Now I cook as if it's my duty nothing more. And it's the same with the rest of my passions. I do it without any interest.

I hope you are not in the same situation as me. I know your a power home of energy that is always positive, focused, and channeled in the right direction. You never lose hope. In the most difficult place, you managed to breathe and survive. And that is when you said to grow you need to survive. I will try to survive and when the sun shines, I will sprout with the warmth of the confidence you give with your optimistic talks.

Take care of your health both mind and body. Mind in particular as there are a lot of vitamin supplements for the body but the mind needs a pill of hope, positivity, warmth, and love but most importantly a space with peace to breath and think.

Hope to talk to you soon. 

ಕಾಮೆಂಟ್‌ಗಳು

ಈ ಬ್ಲಾಗ್‌ನ ಜನಪ್ರಿಯ ಪೋಸ್ಟ್‌ಗಳು

ಸನಾತನ ''ಸುಧರ್ಮ''

Quantitative Easing!!!

ಮಲ್ಲಿಗೆಯ ಜಿಜ್ಞಾಸೆ